EXCLUSIVE CHAT WITH A'RESE | WINNER OF THE VOICE NIGERIA SEASON ONE!

A'rese
This week, we bring you A'rese Emokpae, a multi talented Nigerian Entertainer. Doe I wouldn't say her way to Stardom began after she won the Maiden Edition of The Voice Nigeria, but I'd definitely would say, the Platform did raise the bar for the "A'rese brand". 

A'rese now a House hold name has juggled being a Singer and being an Actor Effortlessly. 

Aside her love for stage plays, She has given us sweet melodies with her Single " Uwe No" and we've seen her in Series like Jemeji and her most recent one InspectorK. 

I'm sure Y'all will agree with me that A'rese is most definitely a brand to reckon with.

In her chat with Glance NG. She tells us about her "LOVE" for both Acting and Music..

ENJOY!


-----------------------------------------------------------

1: What are the five things you can't live without? 

A'rese - To be honest, I am not attached to things, so as long as I have purpose in life, I am good. That purpose can come from the desire to achieve, or it can be motivated by the  people I love. Either way, Purpose keeps me going.

2: With your new single "Uwe No" which won the heart's of many. How would you describe your genre of music? 


A'rese - Still not sure. I guess Afro Pop?

 WATCH THE OFFICIAL VIDEO OF A'RESE'S "UWE NO"

 



3: You write your own music?. Where do you draw inspiration from? And what's your favourite part of the process. 


A'rese - Yes I do write my own music, but I also work with amazing song writers whenever I can. 

Two Creatives are always better than one. Especially when you're a relative newbie like me. 

It's smart to work with and learn from people who have been doing it their whole lives. 

I draw inspiration from everything around me,  and my favorite part of the process is the first time I listen to a song from start to finish with all the elements in it.

Of course, there are always tweaks and adjustments to be made before a song is finished... but that moment where, for the first time, you have all the pieces of the puzzle? Magic! 

4: Do you get nervous when you're about to go on stage? And how do you overcome nervousness. 


A'rese - Always!. But it goes away after the first few notes/lines. 

5: What projects are you currently working on? 


A'rese - I am on a TV series called Jemeji. That is a major project that I have been on for most of 2017. At the same time, I have also been working on recording an EP, which will be finished soon. I am very excited about both projects, with much more to come next year.

6: We've seen you in Jemeji and InspectorK!  How did acting begin for you? 


A'rese - I started acting a little over ten years ago as a stage actress. I started working towards making the transition to screen a few years ago with Jemeji being the first crossover. Thankfully, I was also able to do Inspector K this year as well.

7: If you were to make a choice. Would you choose acting over Music? 


A'rese - That's like choosing a favorite child. Can't work. 

8: Why do you think so many aspiring actors end up giving up on their dream? 

A'rese - It's our job to make it look easy, but truly acting is a very difficult profession in a lot of ways. That is why the job chooses us, not the other way around. For most of us who do this, the calling is too strong to just give up... even with all the uncertainty, rejection, and hardship that comes with the job.

9: What 3 actors would you really love to work with?

A'rese - Ireti Doyle
Somkele
and Richard Mofe-Damijo

10: What's your favorite thing to do when you're not acting or singing? 


A'rese - Does sleeping count? Lol... I like spending relaxed time with people I love.



BONUS QUESTION - WOULD YOU SAY WINNING THE VOICE NIGERIA (SEASON 1) PAVED WAY FOR YOUR MUSICAL AND ACTING CAREER?


A'rese - Any platform that can help you share what you've got with the world is one that will move you forward. So I think that is a very obvious yes. Lol








We are sure you enjoyed reading our chat. if you did. please leave a comment below and subscribe to our Newsletter to get exclusive contents straight to your inbox.

No comments:

Your opinion matters

Powered by Blogger.